Saturday, June 29, 2013

Tomorrow is the Day~~~

¡Hola!

Tomorrow is finally the day! 14 days in Costa Rica! I'm super excited! 

Since this is the night before the trip I'm really exhausted ( I volunteered all day, Sra, Phelps if you're reading this, it was a really fun day at Downtown day!)  I'm not going to post too much :) 

Thanks again SPIabroad.com for this opportunity to travel to Central America! 


Okay so updates; 

I unfortunately cannot do online checkin for this trip because it's international, but I was upgraded! I'm in First Class for the Boston- Houston part of my trip and Business Class for the Houston- Liberia Part of it. Comfy seat here I come! 

I'm meeting my roomie Laura in Houston, she gets there at the same time I do! What we are going to do in the airport is still unknown..

My emotions right now: Um I'm not a very expressive person and I don't think the reality that I'm actually going on the trip has set in. Instead of feeling anxious or nervous I'm really excited! Going to new places is my favorite thing to do so this will be a new adventure for me! I can't wait to meet my host family and meet the 3rd "mom" that will be in my life! I can't wait to finally get a brother too! I really can't wait for Spanish classes too. Learning it in the actual country where they speak it will definitely help my language skills and maybe I'll finally be able to roll my r's ( I'm Puerto Rican but I really can't roll my r's...) From this trip I want to understand my own culture better and that of other people's because the only way to peace in this world is through understanding...

Packing is complete! Foreign money and cameras, with all of their accessories, are packed! I'm just getting ready to go to bed since I have to wake up at 4 am to get to the airport at 6am and try to figure out where I'm supposed to go, get through security, eat something (although first class gets served breakfast...) and get to my gate. This is my first actual time in an airplane (I think I mentioned this before?) since first grade (which I remember nothing about) so I don't really know how to go through an airport; luckily my roommate has a bunch of times so once I get to Houston we'll be all set until orientation! 


I'm off to bed! Pictures of my packed luggage, airport, and plane ride will hopefully be up tomorrow at random points during the day! 


Adios!
-Juliana

Live. Laugh. Travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment