Sunday, June 16, 2013

The End of the School Year marks the beginning of my summer adventure~

My last final Monday marks the end of sophomore year. I'll be a junior officially at 12 pm Tuesday. It's the end of another school year but the beginning of my summer adventure to another hemisphere! My Costa Rica trip marks my first trip abroad~ it's going to be a heart pounding experience. If someone asked me in September if I'd study abroad this school year I'd think they were crazy but it's really happening! 

2 weeks from now I'll be on a plane heading from Houston to Liberia, Costa Rica with 5 other students~ my roommate is from CT and her name is Laura! I know we'll have a blast~ all of us will~ it's Costa Rica!!!! 

My host family consists of a mother, her 14 year old son and her 5 year old daughter. I got my host family gifts this weekend~ I tried to get things that reflected what I like, my heritage, and also my state. For my host mom I got her a Bath and Body works perfume that reminded me of tropical fruits commonly found in Puerto Rico, where my family is from. For my host brother I got him a Red Sox's hat (MA; got to represent!) and for my host sister since she is only 5 years old I bought her two of my favorite things: a hello kitty bubble set and a jump rope~ these are things we can do together and she can do it by herself when I sadly leave.

I'm all packed and ready for the most part. I bought a whole bunch of clothes and it's all folded into my main suitcase. My carry on is going to have some shoes, my beach towel, and some books and chargers ^^ I have my passport all set as well~ my suitcases are all under weight surprisingly for the amount of stuff I put in them. I'll be keeping a lot of free space in my carry on for things that I'll buy in Costa Rica!

2 weeks until departure! 

Live. Laugh. Travel. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment