Friday, July 12, 2013

Week 2 (pictures will be up Monday when I arrive home!)

Day 10: (Volunteering)

Today we went back to the daycare in Huacas to build and paint garden boxes for them. We weren't there for a very long time though so we had a lot of free time afterwards! We went to class again and then after we did activities near the school and then we went back to our host families to eat dinner.

Day 11 (un día normal)

Today was Wednesday so we didn't have to go volunteering. We decided to just relax at the beach and we had lunch and then we had class again~~ after class we went to Flamingo Beach and then we had dinner out at Marie's. Then we had a bonfire with some other volunteers and then we took the public bus back home~~

Day 12 (Thursday)

Today was another day of volunteering! We finished painting the garden boxes early so we went to Conchal beach again. Some people went horseback Riding but some people swam and some friends and I, when it started to rain, went to a cafe nearby and got some snacks while we waited for our school bus. After we got takeout food from a Spanish restaurant (I got pasta) yum~~~ after we had class and then we went home a little earlier for dinner and then some night gelato at a delicious ice cream shop 10 mins from our house.

Day 13 (Friday)

Today we spent the morning horseback riding. From about 8-10 we had a mountain-countryside-beach adventure through Huacas and Playas Conchal and Brasilito. We all had a blast but I think I got the anti social horse because he wouldn't grunt at all the other horses... Anyways the saddle was really comfortable so it didn't hurt to ride! Major plus because uncomfortable saddles really hurt when your horse is running. After horseback riding some friends and I went shopping and I bought a skirt rap that will also serve as my travel blanket. For lunch I had grilled chicken with French fries (yum) and I don't know what's for dinner yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment