Monday, July 15, 2013

The Last 2 Days of Costa Rica~

*Photos will be up tomorrow*


Friday:

So Friday was our last day of classes but first in the morning we went on a mountain-countryside-beach horseback tour though Huacas all the way to Playa Brasilito. In the beginning, our guide took us to his house where he gave us fresh squeezed pineapple juice, corn tortillas, and fresh cheese~ It tasted delicious and really raw and healthy! On the actual tour it was so much fun to see all of the different kinds of vegetation native to Costa Rica and to ride my horse. This tour lasted for about 2 hours and then we had free time until lunch to go shopping and then lunch. We got out of classes a little earlier today to have a mini award ceremony for our Spanish classes. I got a certificate and I said goodbye to all of our teachers. Then we had an hour of free time and then we went home. Today as another gelato day so after dinner my roommate and I met up with our group and chaperones to go get some! Today was the last time we would be able to go so the ice cream tasted especially delicious!  That night we all went to bed a little bit later because we all had to pack for our departure Sunday morning.

Saturday:

Today we went to Playa Tamarindo! We left Portero at 8:30 and arrived to Tamarindo at 9 and we had until 12 to shop, swim, horseback ride; whatever we wanted to do! After we went to a restaurant where I got some pasta with meat sauce; it was really good! After this came the exciting part of my day! There was an optional snorkel cruise activity today and I decided to go! It was so much fun! We started off at Playa Flamingo and then we headed out to the ocean for about an hour to a spot off kf a small beach where we could snorkel, swim, or just keep relaxing on the boat. After an hour of swimming, the food for the cruise was served. There was BBQ Chicken, chips, fruit, cookies, salsas, and drinks were always available. We sailed for another hour- hour and a half and then 6 o'clock, our arrival Time back to Tamarindo was approaching! When we were approaching Tamarindo, the Captain told us that he saw whales in deeper water, so he took us to go see them! It was so neat! There were a few whales who kept coming up to the top of the water so you could see parts of their bodies from the water! This went on for about half an hour and then we docked and went back to shore. After this our group went back home where we had a small outing and then prepared to leave the next morning! 

Sunday: Bye Costa Rica! 

We left our host families at 8 am this morning! I really miss them all! My host mom was so nice and funny and my host sister was so cute! Costa Rica was such a welcoming place and I have many great memories from here that will remain with me for my whole life! My philosophy is that the way to peace in this world is understanding and this trip allowed me to do just that. I was able to understand the Costa Rican, and its differences from my own life. It also made me question how I was living too; whether I was too picky of an eater, if I was too quite, too excessive. Although Costa Rica is not the richest country in terms of wealth; it is in terms of sincerity and generosity. Coming here was such an enriching experience and I recommend that everyone comes here at least once in their lives! It will be a life changer! 


Thank you again SPI for letting me come on this trip! It was so much fun and gave me many more ideas for future plans this year and next! 

- Pura Vida -


No comments:

Post a Comment